De Clutter De Stress
First I must say that Blogger created stress, I was on a roll, flippin essay time..I decided, "you know this is actually a really good post, I may as well make it look like someone w/ half a brain wrote it. I'll use the spell check". Next thing you know I have a black page in front of me. GRRRR
The declutter / stuff came from my cousin's post today about all the un-necessary stuff we carry with us each and every day. Our families have a hording compulsive type disease that through reading and learning I've learned to avoid. The sewing patterns from the 60's..I'm not allowed to throw those away, cause you never know when she'll need them. That is honest to God what comes out of my mothers mouth.
You cannot make someone de clutter their lives, that is just the way things are. I started a while ago..slow but sure trying to declutter my life. I look back; a friend once told me that I could hide Mexicans in my back seat..not very PC but true. I didn't think that was any big deal, now I'm embarrased that he said that.
I also saw strangers going through my cousins basement...fingering her stuff..putting it in a box, opening their squeeze coin purses...putting it in their garage..leaving it for the next round.
At home we've struggled with what needs to be kept and what gets pitched. Do we need to keep the paper where Drew outlined the letter V in preschool? Nope...his first note saying, "I Love You"...you BET!!
I don't want to be on my death looking at my loved ones having the guilt that they are going to have to go through my crap and throw it away..they would NEVER know the reason why I kept it in the first place.
Again; you have to do this for yourself, someone else can't do it for you..it has to be your choice..of course it's different if you didn't realize it was there and it just ends up in the dumpter..DAD...he's done that to both me and mom...I've done it to mom and Jeremy did it to me.. who knows what we have all thrown away..I now have taken control of the "declutter" and know when to throw it away..ie Read the Readers Digest..throw it away. Hang the "artwork" on the fridge...3 monts later throw it away and put up the new.
Keychain: handy dandy light I used in the storm..house key..car keys..my favorite monogramed pink and green keyring made by Molly and a picture (easy to find)... I know longer have Schneider keys.
You too can put your mind to it and unload the junk in your car, your house and your life! Do you really need it? Have you used it, looked at it..or even forgot it was there? Pitch it!
My cousin has a billion articles that have really opened up the whole mess...Ignorance is not always bliss...sometimes but not always.


Flutter by




1 Comments:
what you realy need to do is home renovations! That really makes you declutter! I have so much crap! And you are so right when you say.."who knows why we keep anything!" We went through that when Father in Law passed away last month. We still have boxes at our house that need to be gone through...it's all just clutter to me now!
Post a Comment
<< Home