MP's Journal
- - MuggleNet's Deathly Hallows/Order of the Phoenix Countdown - -

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Thursday, July 5, 2007

Happy 5th of July!!


Well, it feels like one big weekend mixed with a bunch of Monday's, doesn't it?

It all started the weekend of the 27th. It was movie marathon weekend. We saw the Ratatouille and Evan Almighty. It was also a busy busy weekend. Friday night was the Rat movie which I loved, then Saturday morning I was up at the crack of dawn to work at the park for the ALS walk. I worked the registration desk. It was VERY disorganized. There has to be a better way to do it...I'll have to think on that. Then it was off to the Bruno BBQ. J wasn't feeling up to it so Drew and I went out. New location this year, it moved from the convienent place near my office out to pack a lunch St Peters. The park though was awesome. You had to walk a bit to get to the potty but the pavillion and playground area was awsome. In years past it was Holly and her family..Al's family and then a few friends. Holly's friends have abandoned her and I'm the only one left. (lol) Drew and I got out there, much to our surprise there were 25,000 people, well kinda. Holly's mom's side of the family hijacked her BBQ and turned it into a family reunion..nametags and all! Drew headed straight for the playground where he found the one person not associated w/ the bbq and became friends with him. He was going into first grade, on the playground Drew took it upon hmself to teach this little boy all about "pluses and minuses"..that stuff comes in handy. Drew thought the kid was cool cause he spoke 4 different languages.
Meanwhile I hung w/ Holly and the family. Holly's mother is what some people would call, "a character". She's a woman who is in control and she wanted to control the BBQ. What family reunion isn't complete without prizes? Who knew?
The crafty woman went to the grocery stores, Dairy Queen, Starbucks, Dollar Store..and she got STUFF, for free! There were attendance prizes, cooking book number prizes, kids prizes. You didn't want to get too close to the table w/ the prizes though cause you might get your hand slapped.
Lunch was almost ready and people were gathering around the food table when Mrs G started ringing the bell..most people thought that it was time to eat, or for a number to be pulled; but no, it was directions on the occasion that was taking place, thankfullness for those who traveled far and blah blah blah.....my tummy was growling...Holly's cousin Terri was making me laugh....Mrs G's voice sounded much more like the teacher from Peanuts... then finally I heard the words "eat"..I was there! We ate...then Holly's cousins got out the insturments!! Real live banjo, guitars, harmonicas..these were from the Florida cousins that are now in Tennesee..follow that? They were funny, they went around to everyone and sang a little ditty about each person then later came out w/ some James Tayor, Sweet Home Alabama etc...good sing alongs. Before I left Mrs G started with her prizes again..this time cousin Terri's family was winning all around her, Cousin Terri announced, "get me the Starbucks mug!"....another cousin?? brought it over and MAN!! "Don't you have your listening ears on!?!?!?"...that mug went back on the table and she was given the gift she was supposed to get for what she won...then one of the 10ish boys one and got a lovely little purse...cause that was the prize for that game, don't you people understand??? It was after 4pm and I knew we needed to make a potty stop, get gas and get home before we went to Evan Almighty...
Don't you know I left with a peach shaped teapot and a plastic pitcher!!! Drew got an awesome little baggie w/ a plane.
I forgot my camera, luckily Holly had her's. Here is Mrs G on her soapbox!

3 Comments:

Blogger Jay said....

Wow, what an adventure your get togethers turn out to be!

Thu Jul 05, 11:38:00 PM CDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said....

Sounds like a great time was had by everyone despite the controls of the infamous Mrs G.

Happy belated 4th!!

Fri Jul 06, 06:37:00 AM CDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said....

Very nice commentary on the day MP!I hope you have your peach tea pot proudly displayed!! :-)

Fri Jul 06, 07:26:00 AM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home





Welcome to:
http://marypatkillmer.blogspot.com/

Visit MuggleNet.com!