10 Greatest Childhood Memories
First I have to figure out what childhood is. I guess from the beginning until I could drive, drink and mess around w/ boys.
In no particular order:
1. Watching my family cook Polenta at Grandma Garascia's house.
2. Laying in the backseat of the Grad Prix driving to Duquoin w/ my head on Nana's lap while she tickles my ear w/ a kleenex. (no seatbelts or car seats for this kid)
3. Going to St Elizabeth of Hungary w/ mom when she was teaching. Getting to go to the big kids classrooms and eat in the teacher's lounge.
3. Going to Christmas parties at the convent at St Elizabeth.
4. Seeing Up With People in KC w/ Sr Angeline.
5. Going to Disneyworld when I was 5 years old the year they opened. Getting lost, being scared of the 7 dwarfs, finding mom and dad.
6. Riding Bikes. The freedom of staying out until the street lights came on.
7. Smells of childhood. Just being dirty and smelling like the outdoors, the grass, the hot asphalt, rain on the concrete, cherry bloosoms on the tree in the yard, peanut butter, fried bologna, dorito's.
8. Going to Dairy Queen on Hampton and sitting on the concrete wall drinking Mr Misty's or Peanut Butter Parfait.
9. Grade School. Nothing that particular, yesterday I shared the memory of eating braunsweiger sandwiches. I still like them w/ mustard and fritos on white bread.
10. Playing the piano and singing w/ mom and dad.
oooo i'm getting a little teary eyed


Flutter by




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home