MP's Journal
- - MuggleNet's Deathly Hallows/Order of the Phoenix Countdown - -

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Friday, July 29, 2005

Friday, all day long! YAY!

I like Friday's. I think I like Thursday nights too. This week really flew by. I like it when that happens. I like having no plans this weekend. I used to thrive on "having a plan". I remember in college Karen and I would go out for our drives, or go to the movies and I would say, "OK, if the movie starts at 7:30 we need to be in our seats by 7:25, concession stand by 7:15, give ourselves a few minutes to find a parking place so we need to leave at 7:09". Going out even a few years ago I would know on Tuesday what my weekend held. I would have a meeting on Monday night then a different meeting Tuesday and so on. Now it's just slowed down and I realize that is nice. There may be a time when I want to fill up my days but not right now.

I do have plenty of weekend things to do. Next week we're going to the in-laws on Friday night then my father-in-laws bday party Saturday night..the following weekend Drew will be over again and I'm sure weather permitting we're going to Hurricane Harbor, we promised him. Sometime in August we're having my cousin's little boy's 1st bday party. Then the weekend after that we have Marty's retirement party on Saturday night...inbetween there we have American Idol and a Cards D'Backs game..in the company seats. Already into September we have a Cards Pittsburg game and a trivia night. Then BOOM we're into fall and birthdays :0)

Speaking of Six Flags. There was a horrible accident yesterday, a women; her two boys and her stepbrother and stepsister were all killed. Seems a dump truck filled w/ rocks didn't stop and drug the car off the highway. Not good. Almost a dozen other people were hospitalized. We drive out there all the time and I really think what is going on is people get near Six Flags and gawk over to the right and look at all the cool rides..then CRUNCH.. Car crashes just really freak me out, you are just going about your daily routine and the next thing you know you're gone. Jeremy was talking about this and he decided that God cannot control car crashes. He said that God can't watch over all the cars that are driving all over the world at one time. Well I didn't want to argue with him but if you believe that it's not destiny and it's Gods plan then sure as heck He can watch over all the cars at one time. Right? I do think that God doesn't control or know the outcome of everything that we do. We all have a choice and even though the dump truck driver didn't choose to crach into the minivan I don't think God made it happen but I don't think he stopped it either. I guess it was their time. It's hard to understand. Maybe the death of those little boys will help one of their classmates who has to deal with death in a few years or maybe it will make the surviving boy and his father closer (now I don't know that they weren't close in the first place). Oh I guess it's all guessing work on our part..can't make yourself crazy wondering what the Plan is. I know I don't want to know mine..although I tend to obsess though, thinking...OK if I go down this street what will happen..or if I make this decision how will that differ my life..I don't do it all the time..it's not like I need to be locked up or anything.. Oh well I guess I'll get back to answering phones.

JS express just came in the office. It was a guy that I knew in high school..small fricking world!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home





Welcome to:
http://marypatkillmer.blogspot.com/

Visit MuggleNet.com!