Politics and Religion
OK, I was pissed at our archbully Raymond Burke for causing such a stink regarding Sheryl Crow. I stand by that. Here are my thoughts on this whole thing.
Children's Hospital and Bob Costas do not need to have Christian/Catholic/Pro Life people raising money for the cause of saving children. If Burke has a problem with that he should resign from the board. Quietly...NOT a couple days before the event...IN THE MEDIA. So..end result, good..way it was accomplished, bad. St Jude is another Catholic organization that raises money..I don't see them weeding through the liberal celebrities to raise money for their worth cause.
So follow me here: Celebrity spokesperson raising money for sick children at a Catholic Hospital. These people do not need to check w/ the Catholic church to double check they have the same beliefs. In this Burke/Crow fiasco they didn't ask Billy Crystal if he was baptisted or pro life..Sheryl Crow just happened to do a psa for stem cell research.
Now there is a totally different circumstance that I TOTALLY agree with.
Clair McCaskill. She was invited then uninvited to speak at St Joseph Academy's High School Graduation. I don't CARE that her daughter is a student there. She is a Democratic, Pro Choice politition who does not need to be speaking and preaching to a bunch of 17/18 year old women at their Catholic School..that teachs morality, religion and pro life teachings. That was the right move. She should not have been invited in the first place. She can donate as much money as she wants but she should not be allowed to "teach" by speaking to the students. I'm sure she wouldn't get up there screaming...Yeah go kill your unborn...I know that would not be her agenda...but I'm sure that she would do some mumbo jumbo about making the right decisions, loving God and then break into "I am Woman Hear Me Roar". She can sit with the rest of the parents.
If Burke did anything he reminded the Catholic "leaders" and "educators" that they are supposed to keep their faith at the forfront of minds in all life decisions. Politics is one of those things that my mom has been screaming since Jimmy Carter was in office (that's really as far back as I remember her being on her soap box). If you are Catholic you should not be voting or supporting liberal democrats because they are pro choice. That is really what it boils down to. Living in a Union based city this has everyone screwed up.
Unions support the liberal democrats.
Many in the Unions are Catholic. They abandon their religious beliefs for their pocketbooks, tough choice. Most Cathlolic Educators/Priests etc have not preached politics from the pulpit until recently...reminding folks that they should think about things a little more deeply and pray before you vote.
If every Catholic in the city and county of St Louis voted Republican we would not have a Democratic Mayor and Clinton would have never been elected president. That is my thought.
Our Mayor, Fracis Slay..he's Catholic. He may even be brought up Pro Life and still believe in that..BUT you have to be a democrat to get elected in our city..why? Unions...it was taught back in the days before Roe V Wade that if you cared about your neighbor and wanted to protect the little guy you had to vote Democrat. It's not like that anymore....it hasn't for years.
People are just now starting to notice, and they are really pissed it's the catholic church that is pointing it out.
To recap: Catholic Church checking SOME politics before a fundraising effort for children..STUPID
Catholic educators not allowing Democratic ProChoice speakers at a Cathlic High School...SMART!
Now I feel like my mother :-)


Flutter by




1 Comments:
It's weird, we pride ourself on the division between state and religion, but it's never truly been that way and never really will. Some vote with their hearts, others with their wallets. It's a funny way to decide our futures, isn;t it?
Post a Comment
<< Home