MP's Journal
- - MuggleNet's Deathly Hallows/Order of the Phoenix Countdown - -

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Friday, April 20, 2007

Aruba Tuesday - Downtown and Horseback Riding Day






Well I thought I would get back to the recap. Although now after finding out about Uncle Ed, who was only 60...it seems like a million years ago.


Elbow news: Xrays taken, not broken. It's a bone bruise that will take a month to heal, lovely.


Tuesday in Aruba we slept in...late. We decided to go downtown. Cabs tended to get expensive so we went to the bus stop, they run every 20 minutes.

We got to the bus stop and tried to get into the shade. While we were standing there a van pulls up and the window was already rolled down. This man leaned out and said, "Dollar twenty-five each, I will take you downtown". There was another man in the front seat with him. J and I shrugged out shoulders, looked at each other and figured, "Why not". We got in the van and then stopped at ever bus stop along the way and picked people up. We gave the guy a $5 and felt like we got a great deal.

We strolled the shops and I got a killer deal on a Tommy dress.
The stores were great, the dock w/ the cruise ships was awesome.

We got REALLY hot and decided to take a cab back and get something to eat. We ate inside in the air conditioning..then we had to get ready for horseback riding.



The van came around 4:30 from Racho Notorious. Yes..that was the name. They gave me a brown horse named Madonna..who happened to be the mother of Pamela Anderson. I chose to believe she was Madonna, mother of our Lord and Saviour..who is here to protect me.


We got to the Racho and it smelled like horse shit and there were big ole flys. We signed our life away and then waited. I was shooing flys when I feel this soft fur on my arms, I almost jumped. There was this beautiful but mangey looking black lab-type dog. He set his face on my knee and wagged his tail..out of the 25 or so of us there he picked me. He smelled like a barn dog and really needed a bath, but he looked at me with those eyes and I knew I had a friend. He sort of calmed me from my nerves about getting on the beast.


SO...they got to the choosing of the horse deal..NEVER been on a horse, 1-10 times, 10-20 times and a million times. There were two people that fell into the million catagory...J was in 10-20 and I was in 1-20. There were only 5 people in the NEVER catagory. I asked them to please give me an old, nice, sweet horse. That's how they picked Madonna for me. Jeremy's horse was Maverick...from TV..


We rode through cactus..across streets, past barking dogs, to the beach. I was so excited when we could get off. I almost fell on my ass, this guy was grabbing my butt helping me down and my shirt got caught on the saldal..free show. We drank water, watched the sunset..then road back. Through the catus everything was a beautiful shade of pink. It was awesome. Then back at the ranch I flashed everyone again. I survived. It was fun.


We went back, showered, watched American Idol and grabbed a bite to eat at Smokey Joes. I had the Grouper which was to die for...yummmo! We stopped in the Piano Bar again but Gidget from Hell mom from NJ was drunk and obnoxious and I wasn't in the mood. We got back to the room before midnight...took my whirlpool bath and went to sleep.


Coming next time...Off Roading to the other side of the Island...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home





Welcome to:
http://marypatkillmer.blogspot.com/

Visit MuggleNet.com!