Hide your daughters
The government has posted stats regarding what girls do..or don't do on spring break. This of course is on the heels of the Natalee Holloway saga.
They were talking about this on the radio this morning. Asking if people allow their kids to go on spring break and what you saw if you went on a trip.
No it seems more kids are going to Mexico or the Bahamas..no drinking age. I'm sure the same stuff goes on..maybe just worse.
I technically went on 2 Spring Breaks...Daytona senior year of high school and South Padre Island my first year of college. Padre was really no big deal. Sun, Mexico and lots of Carnoa. Senior trip was a totally different story. I remember bits and pieces..not because of black outs, just due to me getting old and forgetting.
Fond Memories:
The bus ride. We met at school. They made fun of me cause they said I looked like I was on my way to summer camp. Dina and I sat near the front of the bus.
We stopped in TN for beer and styrofoam coolers. Bus driver bought. You were allowed to smoke ciggarets or pot in the back of the bus only.
Girls (not me) flashed tops and bottoms to truckers.
We drove through the night while our pill pooping Vietnam Vet driver drove. I was delegated to sit on the steps and drink beer and talk to him to keep him awake.
The Hotel:
Daytona, 1985. The Reef. (aka The Reefer Inn)
Bottom floor room which opened to the pool. Condoms floating in the pool in the early AM. 7-11 was across the road, I was elected with my fake ID to buy beer. We put it in carts and ran it accross the road. I became friends w/ the 7-11 owners son.
Building beer can towers in our hotel window. Cold ocean. Long walks on the beach.
Older St Mary's guys kicked out of their hotel now bunking w/ us.
Sand EVERYWHERE.
Events:
Class president MIA for 2 days.
Cindy's asthma attack and trip to the hospital.
21 year old Steamers Cheerleaders for chaperons.
Thinking I was fat, now looking at pictures of me in a swimsuit and realizing I wasn't fat. Dina was just tiny.
Oh those were the memories.


Flutter by




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home