Can't let her go...
The saga continues. I witnessed a couple things today that mad me almost swallow my tongue.
From looking at HR kind of websites I see where anything serious talks w/ an employee need to be done in the proper ways in order to not screw up legally.
SO...I went to my supervisor who rolled his eyes and said, "I knew you were going to want to talk to me about this".
Seems that she's gone through many rounds of couseling etc and there is now a deal w/ her dad and the new owner to "boost her up" with positive reinforcement...and to "pay off" the other employees that are upset by her actions w/ free lunches, gifts etc.
Crazy stuff huh? SO..she's nice to me but when I confront her on her actions she only blows up and defends her actions. What to do...??


Flutter by




4 Comments:
I always used the "Pat and punch" method with my employees. If I had to tell them something that they were doing wrong "the punch" I first softened it with praising something they do well "the pat". So they got praised and criticized in the same moment. You can say "you are really good at blah blah blah, but all these personal phone calls are getting in the way of working." then proceed by telling her what you expect in a concrete way. For example, say, "Every day these are the things I need you to complete." and give her a list. Make a new list every day and take a few minutes to talk to her about it when she comes in. Her life is shit right now and she needs some positive feedback to work well for you. So, punch and pat then concrete example of what she needs to do. Then every morning, not forever, but just till this thing clears up, tell her, "You did great finishing the list yesterday, here is what I need you to do today." It takes you a few extra moments but it will pay off for you in that she will do her work, her giant negative energy might get a bit more positive and you won't be banging your head against the wall. Worth a shot, isn't it? Good luck. Management means headaches.
Man I sure missed lot of goings on! Very sorry about your friend that passed...that's always sad. Your garden is lovely! That's one lucky cat!
Sounds like you are having some trying times at work but yayo gves some good advice! Good luck with that! Keep smiling friend! This too shall pass. Hugs
I can't imagine working in an enviornment like that. The more I hear about crazy work people, the less I want to get a job. yeah, that's it...I'm afraid of the crazies. I'm not lazy, no, not me...
The worst part of the whole situation is they way she treats other people..screamed at a manager and 2 other women that they were f**ing B**ches... NCIE..and these people have come to me to do something about her behavior and I was told NO...Not yet.
SO...we shall see, they say she gets like this every so often, but it's the first time I've seen anything.
Post a Comment
<< Home