MP's Journal
- - MuggleNet's Deathly Hallows/Order of the Phoenix Countdown - -

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

exploding head time

What a week. Charlie started to die on Monday, he held on until Tuesday night, the funeral was yesterday. Crazy week, a bit exhausting, sad, fun..you name it we did it. Jeremy's youngest sister leaves to go back to London today, I think it will be strange for Prill having that big house all to herself. Thank God for Franklin, her little 4 legged companion.

The comic relief yesterday was priceless. Background. I am in a family of white Christian people.

Thursday my mom tells me, "Please order flowers and a card from us". I went on line to FTD.com and ordered a really nice basket w/ red roses. I paid an extra $2 for a realy sympathy card instead of the little flower card. When we got to the funeral parlor on Saturday it wasn't there. I couldn't figure that out since I was the one who got the confirmation that everything went smooth and was going to be delivered. 4pm they show up. The wonderful funeral parlor people set the basket on a table, the card opened so you can read the message inside. It was very nice.
Forward to Monday. The funeral was over and we go to Jeremy's mom's house afterward to chill for a while. We walk in the door, my sis-in-law, bro-in-law, and the three little boys are upstairs. J makes a b-line for the couch and I'm setting down my purse, hanging up my coat etc. I see the basket of flowers on the table behind the couch. In the little plastic card holder is the full size card from mom and dad. This time the card is closed. I look over and see people praying by the side of a bed. It is a very lovely dark skinned family. Well I totally cracked up. We left the card there until last night when everyone was over. Now Charlie did have a mammy when he was a little boy down south..but this was above and beyond that, the jokes just started rolling...the tan family, how much Charlie liked the pool...the little kid w/ the big feet, was that Wendy?
OMG..I have never seen J's brother Woody laugh so hard in my life.
I KNOW Charlie would have gotten a huge kick out of it too. They are going to keep the card.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jay said....

That's sweet. I'm very sorry for your loss, but I think it says a lot about a family that you guys can still share a laugh together. xx

Wed Feb 28, 11:51:00 AM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home





Welcome to:
http://marypatkillmer.blogspot.com/

Visit MuggleNet.com!