
Gotta love Presidents Day. Not much traffic on the way to work. No school, banks, post office, govt jobs or stock exchange. Lets the rest of us work in peace :0)
What do I know about presidents. A little. George Washington had wooden teeth. Abe was shot at the theater. Jefferson had an awesome home in VA that I visited, he liked the slave women too...they were a bit young as well. Many of the presidents died young of "natural causes". There were assaisin attempts...hit's and misses...
These were all white, Christian men. Many cheated on their wives, had problems with drugs and alchol and had varying levels of intelligence.
One thing is true. The man gets elected to clean up the mess of the guy in front of him. The one elected never gets all the credit deserved for the good..since we don't see the results until the next guy is already in office. Don't you think?
Johnson was president when I was born. Texan. His wife had big hair. His wife was named Lady Bird, I don't think that is proper for the first lady. We didn't elect Johnson.
President that I liked the most was Reagan. I liked his politics, policy and attitude. President I liked the least was Clinton. Didn't care for his politics, policy or attitude. Person I wish would have been President that wasn't; Colin Powell.
People make a big issue about this year possibly having a woman or a black person President. I think both will happen eventually but it's not really a big deal. I think it would be a big deal to have a non-Christian elected president. THAT would be wild. I'm surprised a Jewish person has never been elected. I think Hell will freeze over before a Muslim is elected..voters are having issues w/ black people. WOW. Muslim, Gay...that would be wild. I don't think this will be the year of the woman. Thank GOD Hillary will not win. That is my early prediction. I don't think we're ready for a new termonology of what her husband would be called, First Man? First Husband? Nope, not gonna happen. I do think we'll have a President w/ a vowel at the end of his name. Rudy? Obama? Maybe.. I would be OK with either of those men. Neither won scares the crap out of me which is good. Rudy has a great chance, he's real. A divorced guy, very liberal conservative. Outspoken. Obama..he's real too...smokes cigs, mixed race, from Illinois.
I'm not ready for the commercials though..then we get to slamming the parties...name calling. I'm sure it will happen.
My personal relationships w/ the Presidents.. Visited Washington DC and saw the Lincoln Memorial (man that is HUGE) and Washington Monunment (closed for repair), Jefferson's home. I visited the "grassy knoll" and Kennedy museum in Dallas. MAN that was extremly intense and much more draining that I thought. I went by myself (as you should any museum) and really took time to absorb what that assasination did to our country. As I mentioned, Johnson was president when I was born. George H Bush was the first president that I voted for. I saw George at Union Station in St Louis. I saw Bill Clinton and Hillary Clinton at 94th Aero Squadren (resturant and bar) near the airport during a capaign ralley. I was invited by Naral (long story). I saw George W Bush at Westport Plaza.
Happy Presidents Day!!
2 Comments:
Sorry to burst your bubble babe, not all the Prezes were Xians. We had Quaker and Jehovah's Witnesses too. Nice AMerican mix, eh!? Nice n muddled. Here's a link in case you want it broken down by religion. http://www.adherents.com/adh_presidents.html
Keep on bloggin :-)
Well, I don't have presidents, or a president's day, so I hope yours was good.
Post a Comment
<< Home