MP's Journal
- - MuggleNet's Deathly Hallows/Order of the Phoenix Countdown - -

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Random Thoughts for a Tuesday

I had an awesome blog written in my head as I was trying to go to sleep last night. Can't remember much of what I was going to say.

The NCAA Tournament is winding down. Jeremy is in first place in our pool. Yeah for us. I moved from the bottom..thank goodness.

Everything that could bloom has bloomed. Pretty early I would say but the good news is that there are no hard freezes in the forcast. This is the first year in a few that our Star Magnolia tree totally bloomed.

Air Conditioner is broken. The blower works but the air isn't very cool. Days have gotten over 80 degrees..we need the air. Both of us have allergies. I knew when we replaced the furnace that we should have done the Air at the same time, Oh well...live and lear. At night I have the ceiling fan on, window open and a T Shirt on. I just lay there hoping I'm not totally drenched in sweat. This weekend will be better since Friday they are calling for only a high of 60. I remember back when I was a kid being totally mizerable at night. Dad would have such strict rules on when the air would come on, he hated it. I would lay there at night..it was a little cooler if I opened my door but then mom and dad's snoring would keep me awake. So with the door shut I only had a window on the North side which faced the next door neighbors kitchen window. Not much of a breeze. We didn't have a ceiling fan. I have no idea why I didn't ask mom and dad to buy me a fan for my room. It never entered my mind. I just laid there and sweated and whined outloud as we all laid in bed trying to sleep, "I'M TOO HOT TO SLEEP"..to which I would get a lecture of growing up in the 30's and 40's when there was no air condintioner..and they weren't lucky enough to have a cooler brick veneer home, they had solid bricks which held in the tempurature....so now I'm living in a solid brick house.

American Idol is in full swing. We have our top 10. I'm not sure who will end up winning. I'll tell you who I'm excited to see at the concert this summer: Chris S, Melinda, Gina and Blake. The rest, except for Sanjaya are good and should be entertaining. Drew and Jeremy said they are going to use Sanjaya's performance time to go to the bathroom. Good idea. Tonight is music from the 1990's. Funny to think that Jordin was BORN in 1991. OMG! I always have thought that "oldies" were music from the 50's and 60's. Now for these kids oldies are early U2 and Madonna.

Countdown continues for Aruba. 9 days to go.
I still need to get my pedicure and manicure this weekend and I also need some "sports shorts". Something to wear over my suit. I guess in my terminology I need gym shorts. Some of my short sleeve shirts look ridiculous. You know your clothes are baggie when co-workers tell you where to shop. Jeremy is going to be in charge of stopping the mail. We're going to board the cats, I just have to decide on a place and make reservations. Patches and Rocky are going to be SO pissed off at me. Dad just can't come over and take care of them anymore, that's too much. Last time we left them in the house alone for a weekend it looked like they had a party while we were gone.

Work is starting to pick up again, we had a little lull there through the end of March. This morning was nuts for a while. Half the office is in New Mexico at a conference. Good timing since we really don't need them much. As we get bigger there is more "corporate" BS going on. Not sharing information etc. Cliques are forming too. How stupid is that. Just like Bowling With Soup sings, "High School Never Ends".

J's sister Suzie was in last week, Drew was here part of the week too. They had alot of fun. I was very bummed though I had to miss The Last Mimzy. Friday night. Suzie, Prill and I played 80's Trivial Pursuit..that was Suzie's gift for my 40th. Too much fun. We played again Sat night..just girls. We did teams and Wendy and I got hosed..well not so much Wendy cause she knows MORE trivia than me. Prill and Peggy (Woody's wife) VS Suzie and Suzanne (Peggy's college age daughter) VS Wendy and Kate (her 16 year old) VS Maggie (14) and Me. It is difficult playing 80's trivia w/ a teammate that wasn't born in the 80's. I still had a blast though. Pulling some goofy things out of my arse.

They are doing jury selection in the city for the trial against the idiot that shot a Kirkwood cop on routine patrol. They are seeking the death penalty. Insider information has told me that this guy is sending out hits from jail..already leading to multiple arrests. Guy is a feek. Yesterday down in the city around Grand Ave anti Kirkwood police graphitee showed up. They got it cleaned up quick..but still you can see this guy has means.

The John and Elizabeth Edwards cancer coverage bugs me. I can't picture how this is working. It just smells pitty vote. I like him as a candidate but I don't admire him as much anymore. Take a seat buddy and be there for your wife and children. This isn't all about you. Elizabeth, quit being a marter..fight your cancer and be there for your family while you have time, not on the campaign trail. Geezo. Why would I want to elect a person for office when I was ranked #5 on their agenda.

Free Summer Concerts were annouced. These are free things that the city has (thank you Missy Slay). The musical talent was a bit wierd though. A singer from the Baby's. Dennis De Young from Styx... like half bands or something. Who knows if we'll make it down there or not. Depends on the weather really.

Ok, well that is enough rambling for the day.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jay said....

What do you need Aruba for if you're already having air-conditioner kind of weather?

Tue Mar 27, 08:32:00 PM CDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said....

Goodness, we Torontonian's are so judgemental! Give us a little sun and warm weather and we don't feel the need to go anywhere! I say this while LOL because I thought the same thing as Jay! Why bother leaving the comfort of your home when it's already warm there??? LOL I do get the need for a holiday! And frankly I'm just a jealous puss that's why I thought that! More of an "I wish" kind of moment and thought!!

Sounds like you've got a lot of planning fun still! That's always part of the trip! It's part of the reason that I seem to be absent before I even leave!!

Wed Mar 28, 09:42:00 AM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home





Welcome to:
http://marypatkillmer.blogspot.com/

Visit MuggleNet.com!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Flutter by
My Profile

MP's Reading List Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
  • Nate's Pics
  • Owen's Pics
  • Pink is the New Blog
  • Post Secret
  • Dad Gone Mad
  • Waiterrant
  • Mamalogues
  • Humbling Moments
  • Confessions Of A Pioneer Woman
  • Boobs Injuries and Dr Pepper
  • For Better of For Worse
  • Wide Lawns and Narrow Minds
  • Biddys World
  • debordante baratin
  • Kill The Goat