MP's Journal
- - MuggleNet's Deathly Hallows/Order of the Phoenix Countdown - -

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Monday, September 11, 2006

5 Years Later We Remember


Just like 5 years ago I'm listening to KHITS, they are replaying what was on the air 9/11/01.

We woke up that morning getting ready for work just like every other morning. I was still very sad, Friday the 8th I found out my friend was diagnosed with Lou Gehrigs Disease (ALS).

In order to "lighten" the mood Jeremy and I stopped at the donut store and got a dozen donuts.

We pulled out of the donut store and headed North on Hampton. Karen and JC on the radio stopped the silly banter and were talking about what was on the TV in their studio. Jeremy was chit chatting, I told him, "Shhh, listen. Sounds like a commuter plane hit the antenna on the Word Trade Center, I hope no one was hurt". At that time they said " This looks like a passenger plane, not a site seeing plane that had an accident, this looks like terrorism".
J and I silently continued our drive.

We had a small TV at the office and on and off watched the coverage. I remember going out to the back parking lot that day and looking up at quite skies. There was a daycare near my office and I'd go fill in the teachers on what was going on since obviously they weren't watching or listening.

Business changed that day too, packages being delivered and quotes were not important anymore.

I went home that night, we watched coverage all night..and into the following months trying to make sense of what just happened. We still don't get it because our brains can't grasp it yet. This just doesn't happen in our backyard..yet it did and we'll never forget.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home





Welcome to:
http://marypatkillmer.blogspot.com/

Visit MuggleNet.com!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Flutter by
My Profile

MP's Reading List Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
  • Nate's Pics
  • Owen's Pics
  • Pink is the New Blog
  • Post Secret
  • Dad Gone Mad
  • Waiterrant
  • Mamalogues
  • Humbling Moments
  • Confessions Of A Pioneer Woman
  • Boobs Injuries and Dr Pepper
  • For Better of For Worse
  • Wide Lawns and Narrow Minds
  • Biddys World
  • debordante baratin
  • Kill The Goat