Man I Am So Into Music
These were the words uttered by the 7 year old last weekend.
It is true, for the last couple of years we have been way into music at the Killmer household. This past year we've gone to a couple concert, downloaded songs and bought CD's.
I think American Idol inspired this freakish music craze. It's not like I've never been into music before but I just fell out of the habit of listening or caring. I had been listening to talk radio all day long, then KTRS fired most of the people I listen to. Things changed.
When I was a kid I was very into going to Peaches and getting 45's. I would listen to KXOX on my Raggedy Ann transister radio under my pillow until I fell asleep at night.
I spent hours in the Stephanoni's basement listening to vinyl albums, trying to figure out the words to my favorite songs.
Things are different now. You just google the name of the song and you can sign along.
I have always had a diverse taste in music. Having an older mom w/ a musical background I've grown up with music around me. I like music from every decade and every genre.
I can sing along w/ Broadway musicals and Hip Hop. As a child I watched Sonny and Cher, The Osmonds and KC and the Sunshine Band.
My iPod right now is also a mix, I have some of my favorites, Jeremy's and Drews.
When we first got the new computer hooked up and started getting our iTunes I wasn't surprised what I saw.
Drew's first choices were Panic at the Disco, Justin Timberlake, Pussycat Dolls and Black Eyed Peas (which I love too)
Jeremy's choices were Live, Andrea Bocelli, Abba, Nickleback and GreenDay (which I love to)
My choices were: Bowling for Soup, Barenaked Ladies, Jeff Buckley and Rosemary Clooney.
With the XM radio in the jeep I listen to the Top 20 on the way home, unbeliveable I'm current w/ music, it takes months usually for this stuff to get to St Louis.
The way to work I'm still into talk, either JC if I have the Nissan or GMA Radio if I have the jeep.
We listen to iTunes or play our iPod through the Sound Dock at home...or we turn on the Sirius on the Dish. I like the Broadway Channel on the Dish, I tend to blare that when J isn't home, and he blares crap I don't like, like Celien Dion. We respect each other like that :0)
Musically we were very bummed last night when Lukas Rossi the Canadian won Rockstar Supernova..for today to be named later.
Lukas was simply horrible. He needed the band though. Unfort we won't be buying their CD or downloading any of their songs.
I've already downloaded Ryan Star's Back of Your Car. Awesome song, I've gotten J to love that one too. He's going to do WAY better than the band, IMO.
Still another hour of talk radio, then on to my Pandora.


Flutter by




3 Comments:
Well, I have to agree with you on most things, Husband and I have very different tastes in music..I don't listen to his crap but he listens to mine (because it's better! ;))
What I don't agree with you on in part is the Lukas Rossi thing..I agree he sucks but then I hated most of the "SuperNova" songs so I was happy he won! Now I won't feel like I have to listen to that stupid band to find out if Ryan,Storm, Magni or Toby somehow made the overall band thing better!
For me it was the perfect solution to what could have been a difficult situation!
Rock on my friend!
I am sure you still know all the words to Book of Love. "Oh I wonder wonder who..who wrote the book of love." Or even "Wake up little suzy." We used to listen to that oldie record all the time. Barking Aardvarks? Newsboys? I was listening to the Violent Femmes and had a flash back to Kennedy's drink in the hand when they cut what's his name's hair on stage while they sang "Holiday in Cambodia." that was like another life, wasn't it.
I miss you. I miss then,sometimes.
Yeah for music posts!
One of my pet peeves is people (like my Hubs!) who totally discount genres of music with out just taking it for what it is. He's so serious, he can't appriciate a cathcy beat and funny lyrics :)
Me, I'll take JT and Barenaked Ladies any old time. I think it says a lot about person when they can have a wide variety of music choices :)
Oh, and thanks for taking the time to comment on my little disaster--I'm sorry I'm not so good at this commenthing thing!
Post a Comment
<< Home