Met's Are Pond Scum! Still...

Back in the 1980's JC started "The Met's are Pond Scum". If you have ever wondered why...wonder nomore..I'm going to tell you.
Cardinals had an awesome rivalry going with the Met's, they were in our division then. JC and U-Man were on K-SHE 95 at the time and were trying to come up with a great catch phrase, that was G rated to talk about on the radio. If you recall this was the same year, 87 I believe..that the seat cushions flew on the field.
JC heard the phrase Pond Scum on an episode of Cheers. Diane called Sam "pond scum". He thought that was funny...and coined the phrase "The Met's are Pond Scum". I'm sure they copyrited it.
Over this series w/ the Met's they are selling "Met's are Pond Scum" shirts for $5 each; procedes going to Cardinal Care.
Games start tomorrow night, we're coming in as the underdogs!


Flutter by




5 Comments:
That is so funny that you bring it up because I was going to post a big "Mets Are Pond Scum" poster in my front window. I'm sure no one around here will have any idea what I'm referring to!
Mets? Mets?
You know me...I have no idea about sports of any kind. So, are they still pond scum?
I know you're busy, but I'm missing your updates!!
Hope all is well! {{Hugs}}
Ha! This is how unaware of sports I am. I totally thought you were talking about the museum. (But, what's wrong with the Met? Sure the food's expensive but the Egyptian wing is kind of nice.)
I think you are happy now....I think I heard the Cardinal's actually move on ore something!
I think that is a good thing???
I'm so not a sports person but I've been listening to news just so I could know on account of you...
Post a Comment
<< Home